skip to content

 

The University has moved into its "red" phase in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. All University staff, except those needed for business-critical activity, are now working remotely. Please contact us by email until further notice.

Department of Biochemistry

 
The Sir William Dunn Institute of Biochemistry, c1930

This section of the history of the Department of Biochemistry covers the period from the opening of the Sir William Dunn Institute, now known as the Hopkins Building, in 1924 until the end of the Second World War in 1945.

Image

The Sir William Dunn Institute of Biochemistry, now known as the Hopkins Building, c1930.