skip to content

 

The University has moved into its "red" phase in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. All University staff, except those needed for business-critical activity, are now working remotely. Please contact us by email until further notice.

Department of Biochemistry

 
W.M. Fletcher with his apparatus for studying respiration of isolated muscles, c1900

This first section of the history of the Department of Biochemistry covers the period from the late nineteenth century until the opening of the Sir William Dunn Institute, now known as the Hopkins Building, in 1924.

Image

W.M. Fletcher with his apparatus for studying respiration of isolated muscles, c1900.