Our students are funded in a wide range of ways:
- Studentships available to work with specific principal investigators eg funded by UK Research Council CASE awards or EU grants: these may be advertised via our on the University Jobs web site (see also the link to studentships on the right) with details of eligibility etc. and are generally to be found in .
- Research assistant posts with specific principal investigators: these are similarly advertised.
- Studentships allocated to the Department (eg MRC) would also be advertised by us if available.
- Studentships available through four-year PhD programmes (eg Biosciences, Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Biology) are advertised by the programmes and by the University on the central Jobs website (see link to all studentships open for application on the right).
- Scholarships/studentships/bursaries are available from University Trusts and Colleges and there are various options for Home, EU and Overseas students and for various subject specialities: more information is available via the link to University information on the right of this page. This includes a searchable funding database.
- Scholarships and other types of funding may be available from students' own countries: seek advice locally
- Funding is also available from relevant learned societies: principal investigators may be able to help advise you
- Self-funding, from savings or family contribution is also possible.
Potential students should start to research funding sources a year or more ahead of when they hope to start their degree programme, and .