Prof. Paul Dupree
E-Mail: pd101 at cam.ac.uk
1996 - Present: Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge
1994-1995: BBSRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge
1991-1993: Postdoctoral Researcher with Professor Kai Simons at EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
• Studied protein and lipid trafficking in mammalian epithelial cells
1987-1990: PhD from the University of Cambridge
• Studied the role of Ferredoxin:NADP oxidoreductase in photosynthesis in the group of Professor John Gray.
1984-1987: BA Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge
Dr. Tom Simmons
E-Mail: tjs84 at cam.ac.uk
PhD Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
• Characterisation of five Glycosyl Hydrolase 16 activities and of their hemicellulosic substrates
BSc (Hons) Biochemistry, University of Leeds, UK
Dr Nino Nikolovski
E-Mail: nn254 at cam.ac.uk
PhD Thesis at the University of Potsdam, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology and MSU-DOE Plant Research Laboratory, supervised by Dr. Markus Pauly
• Identification of plant cell wall mutants by a forward genetic screen using pectinases in liquid culture
Diploma Thesis at the Department of Genetics, Kazan State University and Kazan Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, supervised by Dr. Tatyana A. Gorshkova (Laboratory of Plant Cell Growth Mechanisms)
• Identification of differentially expressed genes during the transition stage of phloem fiber development and secondary cell wall formation in flax
Dr Nadine Anders
E-Mail: na336 at cam.ac.uk
Research Associate at the University of Tübingen (Germany), Center of Plant Molecular Biology ZMBP, Department of Developmental Genetics Prof. Dr. Gerd Jürgens
• Analyses of substrate specificity of ARF GDP/GTP exchange factors in Arabidopsis.
PhD Thesis at the University of Tübingen, ZMBP, Department of Developmental Genetics Prof. Dr. Gerd Jürgens
• Functional characterization of conserved protein domains of large ARF GDP/GTP exchange factors in Arabidopsis.
Graduate Assistant at the University of Heidelberg (Germany), Center of Molecular Biology Heidelberg ZMBH, Laboratory of Prof. Dr. Frank Sauer
• Analysis of kinase-dependent gene regulation in hematopoetic cell differentiation of Drosophila.
Diploma Thesis at the German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg (Germany). Department of Molecular Immunology Prof. Dr. Günter Hämmerling
• Characterization of MHC-class-II protein interactions in human B lymphocytes.
Dr Mathias Sorieul
E-Mail: mrs66 at cam.ac.uk
Research Assistant at the University of Warwick, UK
• Vacuole dynamic and drugs screening
PhD at the University of Montpellier, France
• Trafficking of plasma membrane aquaporines
Dr Marta Busse
E-Mail: mnb29 at cam.ac.uk
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute
• Heparan sulfate role in angiogenesis and embryonic stem cells as model system in angiogenesis.
Ph.D. at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
• EXT proteins in Heparan Sulfate Biosynthesis
MSc Thesis in the field of Biotechnology, at Jagiellonian University, Poland
• Inhibition of gingipain by peptide derivatives of hydroxamic acid
Dr Theodora Tryfona
E-Mail: tt306 at cam.ac.uk
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Cell Biology, The University of Edinburgh
• Identifying novel components involved in the growth and survival of the cold- and pressure-loving marine bacterium, Photobacterium profundum.
PhD in BioChemical Engineering from HeriotÐWatt University
• Reserach on the enhancement of amino acid production by Corynebacterium glutamicum utilizing electropermeabilization.
MRes. in Environmental Sciences from Ulster University
• Research on rhamnolipid biosurfactant production from Pseudomonas aeruginosa under batch culture conditions.
BSc (Hons) and MSc in Agricultural Sciences Agricultural University of Athens (Greece)
• Research on kinetic studies and Nitrogen fixation of Azotobacter vinelandii under batch and continuous culture conditions.
Dr Li Yu
E-Mail: ly294 at cam.ac.uk
Research Assistant, Qingdao Institute of Bioenergy and Bioprocess Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Function of glucomannan in modulating the structure of Arabidopsis seed mucilage.
Ph.D. at the School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, China
• Biochemical analysis of pectic polysaccharides from Ginseng roots.
Visiting ph. D. at Centre for Plant Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
• Ginseng Plant cell wall structure.
BSc in College of Life Sciences, Liaocheng University, China
• Population dynamics of Euplotes vannus in artifical seawaters.