1947: Death of Hopkins.
1949: Professor Sir Frank G.Young FRS succeeded Chibnall as Sir William Dunn Professor. 1st. International Congress of Biochemistry.
1963: New Wellcome Wing opened.
1975: Professor Sir Hans Kornberg FRS succeeded Frank Young.
1984: Professor Richard Perham FRS succeeded Sir Hans Kornberg as Head of Department.
1985: NMR facility established with Peter Morris as its head.
1995: Professor Sir Tom Blundell, FRS became Sir William Dunn Professor and Head of Department.
1997: Sanger Building opened (cost £15M). X-ray crystallography facility established with Ben Luisi as its head.
1999: Part III (4th year) Biochemistry teaching course introduced.
2001: Tim Hunt shares Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of cyclins.
2006: Professor Peter Leadlay FRS appointed to the second established Chair, the Herchel Smith Chair of Biochemistry.
2009: Professor Gerard Evan, FRS succeeded Sir Tom Blundell.
2011: Plaque unveiled commemorating life & work of Hopkins
- Fuller T. The History of the University of Cambridge: From the Conquest to the Year 1634. (1655). ISBN-10: 1108004652. ISBN-13: 978-1108004657. Cambridge University Press.
- Quastel Canadian Journal of Biochemistry 52, 71 (1974).
- Steegman’s book on Cambridge architecture: London, Batsford Ltd., 1940, pp. 107-108.
- Winchester, Simon. "Bomb, Book, and Compass" ISBN: 0141011580, ISBN-13: 9780141011585, Penguin Books Ltd.
- Winchester, Simon. "The Man Who Loved China: The Fantastic Story of the Eccentric Scientist Who Unlocked the Mysteries of the Middle Kingdom." (2008). ISBN 978-0-06-088459-8. New York: Harper Collins
- The Cambridge Low Temperature Research Station. Science 22 November 1929: 494.
Previous: The legacy of Hopkins